The annual meeting of the UMRCC is held in March and rotates among member state locations. The meeting format includes a day of technical section meetings that focus on specific topics of interest to each section, followed by two days of general presentations about the river.
The meetings are filled with opportunities to learn, connect, and collaborate. The banquet on the last night of the meeting is a highlight for attendees including fellowship, UMRCC awards presentations, and a fund-raising raffle.
Previous year’s meeting information is published in the UMRCC proceedings and technical section agendas for previous spring meetings can be found on the Focus Area pages.
78th Annual Meeting of the Upper Mississippi River Conservation Committee:
Reconnecting on the Great River
March 20 – 23, 2023
St. James Hotel
Red Wing, MN
- Monday – Tuesday (March 20 – 21): Technical Section meetings
- Wednesday – Thursday (March 22 – 23): Welcome Address, Keynote Speaker, Banquet, Plenary Sessions
Detailed Agenda Including Speakers:
Download current agenda (.pdf) here
Download invited speaker biographies and presentation overviews (.pdf) here
Technical Section Meeting Agendas:
Mussel Coordination Team (MCT) and UMRCC Mussel Tech. agenda (.pdf) – download here
Outreach, Recreation and Education (OREIT) Tech session agenda (.pdf) – download here
Fisheries Tech session agenda (.pdf) – download here
Water Quality Tech session agenda (.pdf) – download here
Wildlife Technical section agenda (.pdf) – download here
Lodging Options (all are in Red Wing) – Note dates that reserved rooms will be released to public:
**Tax Exemption number (if applicable) is required at check-in**
1. St. James Hotel (FULL) | 406 Main Street | (651) 388-2846
2. Holiday Inn Express (Reservation Block = DNR; Release date March 2nd) | 1919 Old West Main Street | (651) 327-2225
3. AmericInn (Reservation Block = UMRCC; Release date March 6th) | 1819 Old West Main Street | (651) 385-9060
4. Nichols Inn of Red Wing (Reserved Block = UMRCC; Release date is March 6th) | 1819 Old West Main St | 651-388-6633
Online Registration Closed – contact Eric: email@example.com
If you would like to bring an item for our silent auction, please contact Janine Kohn at Janine.firstname.lastname@example.org
Stay tuned for more information on the agenda & speakers and we look forward to seeing you in Red Wing!
For further inquiries, please contact:
Janine Kohn Janine.email@example.com or Steve DeLain Steve.firstname.lastname@example.org