Mussels Technical Section
The Mussel Technical Session began as the Mussel Ad Hoc Committee under the Fisheries Technical Committee in 1990. To address the paucity of information on mussel biology to inform management concerns over commercial harvest of mussels, “natural” die-offs, and eventually impacts from the invasive zebra mussel.
It became a stand-alone committee in 2011 with a focus on uniform sampling methods, construction and spill impacts, and reporting on mussel studies.
- Construction and spill impacts
- Sampling methodologies
- Informing dredging operations
- Spring 2021 Agenda (PDF, 140 KB)
- Spring 2021 Meeting Minutes (PDF, 160 KB)
- 2009 Priority Mussel Conservation Activities for the Next 10 Years (2009 – 2019) (PDF, 91 KB)
- Status Report on Implementing the UMRCC Conservation Plan for Freshwater Mussels (PDF, 244 KB)
- Missouri: Travis Moore
- Illinois: Brian Metzke
- Iowa: Scott Gritters
- Wisconsin: Lisie Kitchel
- Minnesota: Zeb Secrist